Buyer / Procurement Officer
Our client Blue chip company (Manufacturing) based in Vanderbijlpark has a permanent position available for a mature person with the following:
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
Must have +- 8+ years experience as a Buyer/Procurement in a Manufacturing/Engineering environment
Must have SAP experience
Must be able to handle work pressure (Go-getter)
Must be able to start immediately
- Obtain three or more quotes for orders
- Place orders using SAP.
- Expedite the outstanding orders.
- Import raw materials according to the schedule provided by Production department.
- Inventory stock control.
- Stock take end of each month.
- Source out companies.
- Complete credit applications.
- Arrange transport for subcontracting companies and courier for collection when needed.
- Manage minimum stock level on certain stock.
- Drive projects from initial purchase till delivery and implementation of product in plant.
- Ensure timeous delivery at all times
- Ensure cost savings where possible not compromising quality and performance.
- Assist with general preventive maintenance plan.
- Ensure involvement in shutdown plans from start till end, correct parts must be on time, right price right quality that measures to performance.
- Any other duty that is required at the time