Our client based in the Vaal Triangle has a vacancy available for a person with the following:
The successful candidate will be responsible for receiving, locating, preparing & issuing materials while ensuring that the lot size quantities are accurate and an accurate daily inventory control process is in place.
- Matric (Grade 12) or recognized equivalent qualification.
- Storekeeping/Warehousing Certificate.
- Minimum 12 months within a Manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of inventory principles
- Knowledge of ERP System preferably LN would be advantageous but extensive training will be given to the successful applicant
- Must be able to efficiently work on MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) would be advantageous but training will be given to the successful applicant.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English verbally and in writing to external and internal customers
KEY TASKS AND ACTIVITIES
- Adhere to the principles of 5 S’s (Sort, Set in Order, Shine, Standardize and Sustain).
- Supply operational line with steel as per daily Shop Packet requirements while ensuring that material downtime is kept at a minimal during a gauge changeover.
- Roller-coater circle issues to be based on daily call-off by Central Services.
- Ensure lot quantities are accurate and are transferred on LN accurately and timeously.
- Check systems stock to physical stock on a weekly basis. In the event there is a discrepancy, check system for capturing transferring error.
- Return incomplete coated bundles from the day’s production run to the decorating store fixed stock location.
- Issue sheet/circle quantities based on consumption details and update label for the returning part bundle.
- Perform weekly System generated Cycle Control as per the standard requirement.
- Assist in cycle count checks of other stock locations and WIP areas.
- Adhere to all the Quality Manual standard operating procedures.
- Any stock related discrepancies and / or issues must be reported to the Inventory Manager.