Oil Formulation Chemist
Our client based in Sasolburg has a permanent position available for a person with the following:
Formulation, Development, Regulation and Quality Control Chemist for Creosote
and Furnace Oils
The job responsibilities include the development of innovative formulation technologies
and products to meet evolving market needs.
Current focus areas are creosote and fuel oils quality and formulations, as well as development of future alternatives.
The position entails developing and applying chemical and physical understanding of chemistry that
these oils experience in its applications.
The Formulator works closely with the technical sales executive, plant technicians, operations manager, as well as directors to ensure products are successful in meeting the needs of the market.
Strong teamwork, team leadership and project management skills are required.
Academic background in chemistry is required.
Experience in experimental design and data analysis is also desired.
- Minimum BSc. in Chemistry.
- Minimum 10 years’ related industry experience.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment with strong professional behaviour,
especially teamwork and communications.
- Knowledge of industrial oils, fuels and chemicals.
- Successful Research and Development experience.
- Experience planning and organizing complex projects in a team environment.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- *Travel Requirements: Occasional domestic travel is expected.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Quality Control
- Lead product development projects.
- Develop and share understanding of oil formulation impacts on customer applications.
- Participate and lead research programs related to our products in bench tests in
Co-operation with the production team.
- Support of marketing and sales teams via presentation of technology topics to
- Participation in industry activities related to focus area